Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 28 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to operate effectively in a front office department of an organisation by working independently or within a supervisory capacity.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Learners will have ideally completed a level 5 award in the subject area, or equivalent.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 January 2021
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Thursday, 07 January 2021.
- Appraise the key characteristics of front office personnel.
- Examine legislation governing health and safety at work to include security and emergency procedures.
- Generate office systems and procedures to enable the front office to be managed efficiently and professionally.
- Formulate contingency plans to ensure the operations of a business are not compromised when unplanned events occur.
- Organise staff development to include an appraisal of the effectiveness of current performance.
- Evaluate performance management strategies for front office personnel.
- Apply customer service concepts and theories to a range of business contexts.
- Manage resources in a front office applying staffing techniques to ensure resources are managed efficiently.
- Utilise a range of data networking communications to include fax, e-mail, electronic data interchange, paging, telephone management systems.
- Demonstrate technical competence in office technology using a range of software packages relevant to the front office.
- Provide front office service and support.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4186 Front Office Skills, Level 6