Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 01 October for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to operate effectively in a front office department of an organisation by working independently or within a supervisory capacity.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Learners will have ideally completed a level 5 award in the subject area, or equivalent.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?
Scheduled socially-distanced assessments at local centres: Mallow College of Further Education, Fermoy FET Centre, or Charleville FET Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 01 October 2020
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Thursday, 10 September 2020.
- Appraise the key characteristics of front office personnel.
- Examine legislation governing health and safety at work to include security and emergency procedures.
- Generate office systems and procedures to enable the front office to be managed efficiently and professionally.
- Formulate contingency plans to ensure the operations of a business are not compromised when unplanned events occur.
- Organise staff development to include an appraisal of the effectiveness of current performance.
- Evaluate performance management strategies for front office personnel.
- Apply customer service concepts and theories to a range of business contexts.
- Manage resources in a front office applying staffing techniques to ensure resources are managed efficiently.
- Utilise a range of data networking communications to include fax, e-mail, electronic data interchange, paging, telephone management systems.
- Demonstrate technical competence in office technology using a range of software packages relevant to the front office.
- Provide front office service and support.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4186 Front Office Skills, Level 6