Mallow College, Monday, 18:30-21:30, from 07 October for 12 Weeks. €280* (€203.00 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in technical, tactical, and team play aspects of the game of Gaelic Football to enable the learner to coach Gaelic Football to children, youths and adults.
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 07 October 2019
Cost: €290.00, *€280.00 with online discount, €203.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €174.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Explain the rules of full and adapted versions of Gaelic Football.
- Outline the range of current National Governing Body, Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) programmes available for skill development, adapted versions of games and competitive levels in Gaelic Football.
- Explain the key skills of Gaelic Football.
- Analyse why people play sport and the issues and challenges of working with different age groups.
- Appraise the GAA philosophy of coaching Gaelic Football to children, youths and adults.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the GAA skills development model and the different types of developmental games appropriate to children, youths and adults.
- Explore the concept of physical literacy, the importance of movement in Gaelic Games and the different movements in Gaelic Games.
- Outline the structure of a typical coaching session.
- Explain the safe use of personal and coaching equipment used in Gaelic Football.
- Examine best practice in protecting the welfare of underage players, to include, identifying different categories of abuse, indicators associated with abuse and appropriate response procedure to disclosure of abuse.
- Evaluate the role, skills and qualities of the coach and how this may differ when working with different playing groups.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive range of skills and team play in Gaelic Football.
- Manage players for an effective practice session.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive range of communication and coaching skills to include the skills of; building rapport, explaining, demonstrating, observation, analysis and providing feedback to players of different age groups.
- Organise a programme of Games and Skill Development activities appropriate to the participant’s needs and abilities.
- Deliver progressive activities to develop physical literacy skills and key skills appropriate to Gaelic Football.
- Adapt the programme of coaching sessions to suit different playing abilities.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.