Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 26 January for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
The purpose of this course is to introduce learners to the underlying principles of Food Safety and familiarise learners with the principles of HACCP. The course will equip learners with the skills to be able to take a lead role within a workplace setting to put HACCP plans in place.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Price: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Tuesday, 05 January 2021.
- To equip learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies n the regulations and practices that underpin Food Safety and HACCP.
- To introduce learners to the underlying principles of Food Safety.
- To familiarise Learners with the Principles of HACCP.
- To equip learners with the skills to be able to take a lead role within a workplace setting to put HACCP plans in place.
- To develop Learners evaluative skills to allow the learner to be able to evaluate the familiarised operation with respect to hygiene, food safety and quality management.
- To familiarise learners with current food legislation.
- To develop Learners research skills to keep up to date with current food legislative matters.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N5266 Food Safety and HACCP, Level 5