This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
This programme module aims to enable learner to use the English language accurately and appropriately and gain a competence in a wide range of language skills both oral and written in a standard social, cultural and or work environment.
- To enable learner to be aware of the customs, social/cultural courtesies and current affairs in Ireland and/or other English-speaking regions.
- To develop learner’s skills in the current conventions of language usage in oral fluency and functional writing.
- To support the learner to build their vocabulary to include specialised language of the workplace, personal interest and colloquial usage.
- To assist learner in extracting, summarising and presenting key information from a variety of high frequency every day and job related Listening and Reading sources of material.
- To support the learner to develop productive skills (writing and speaking) and receptive skills (listening and reading).
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to English as a second language through the medium of the indicative content.
- A PPSN is a requirement for signing up to any course.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.