英語作為第二語言 Inglês como uma segunda língua. Angielski jako drugi język. الإنجليزية كلغة ثانية
New Course. Early Deadline: Enrolling for Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 22 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This award aims to enable learner to use the English language accurately and appropriately and gain a competence in a wide range of language skills both oral and written in a standard social, cultural and or work environment.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Minimum English level B2.
- A PPSN is a requirement for signing up to any course.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 22 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- Display awareness of the society and culture of the target region or country, to include socio-cultural courtesies and customs, the political system and current affairs.
- Use standard vocabulary, to include everyday terms and topics and those related to familiar areas of interest and or work.
- Use the conventions of grammar and syntax to produce simple connected sentences in a range of social and or work-related contexts, to include situations likely to arise when travelling in an area where the target language is spoken.
- Use the appropriate courtesies and conventions in oral, aural and written communications, to include formal correspondence, making and receiving telephone calls, and providing or using local services.
- Use reading skills to gather information from a range of social/cultural and or work-related documents, to include articles, advertisements, signs, health and safety information, regulations, letters, emails, faxes, invoices, forms, websites, and other mobile and electronic communications.
- Use writing skills to send and deal with a range of formal and informal correspondence, to include a Curriculum Vitae (CV), letters, invoices, order forms, emails, text and fax messages.
- Summarise both orally and in writing, essential points from formal/informal discussions, to include presentations and meetings.
- Exchange information in a range of formal and informal contexts, to include greeting, taking leave, describing experiences and events, hopes and ambitions, reasons and explanations for opinions and plans, getting things done, repairing a breakdown in communication.
- Exchange technical information, to include descriptions of a product or service, location of a service or organisation, facilities and equipment, dealing with complaints and communication typical of a job interview.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1632 English as a Second Language, Level 5