Related: NightSchool.ie is now in Mallow and Charleville. Summer Courses at SummerSchool.ie Agri-Marketing Payroll Computerised & PAYE Modernisation (Sage & Thesaurus): QQI Level 5 Reception Skills & Frontline Office Skills: QQI Level 5
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €285.00* / €210.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles of employment law and the statutory frameworks which regulate the employment relationship.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 23 September 2019
Cost: €300.00, *€285.00 with online discount, €210.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €180.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Demonstrate a specialised knowledge of employment law principles and provisions and of the Irish legal system and the influence of European law on Irish employment law.
- Evaluate the theoretical concepts and models relating to individual employment rights to include discrimination, maternity, adoptive and parental leave, part-time and fixed-term work, agency work, payment of wages, the organisation of working time, pensions, health and safety, equality and privacy.
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools to the contract of employment within the context of well-defined scenarios for a range of employee categories to include terms and conditions, pay and pension, termination, dismissal, leave, duties.
- Formulate an employer’s response to the impact of Data Protection and Freedom of Information in the management and maintenance of employee information in the workplace.
- Evaluate the role of employment legislation and institutions in combatting discrimination and harassment to promote equality in the workplace.
- Assess the facts in defined breaches of employment law and the legal procedures of redress and remedies available through labour relations institutions and the courts.
- Demonstrate a specialised understanding of the status, interpretation and implementation of collective bargaining.
- Appreciate the legal significance of human resource grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures within the context of dispute resolution strategies.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.