Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that each child’s learning, development and well-being is facilitated through the provision of opportunities, experiences, activities, interaction, materials and equipment, having regard to the age and stage of development of the child and the child’s cultural context.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Nights: Facebook Live Events every Friday at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.
Enrolment: Early Deadline: Enrol online here before Tuesday, 30 March 2021.
- Outline the types, stages patterns and purposes of children’s play.
- Describe a range of theories of play in the context of children’s education to include Psychoanalytic theories (Freud, Winnicott) and Constructivist theories (Piaget, Vygotsky).
- Evaluate the role of the adult in children’s play.
- Explore a child lead approach to meeting the play and educational requirements of children.
- Describe different approaches to curriculum development and implementation in the ECCE setting.
- Assess the value of equipment, materials, play spaces, both indoors and outdoor in the ECCE setting.
- Use a range of reading and storytelling techniques appropriate to different stages of children’s development and cultural background.
- Select relevant play activities and materials appropriate to children’s interest and stage of development and cultural background.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1773 Early Childhood Education and Play, Level 5