Early Deadline: Enrolling for Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 22 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Early Childhood Care and Education practice to enable the learner to work under direction with children, their families and colleagues within early childhood care and education setting (ECCE).
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 22 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To familiarise the learner with the historical development of the ECCE sector in Ireland, the relevant legislation and policies pertaining to a quality ECCE environment.
- To understand the importance of self-awareness, personal reflection and reflective practice in relation to working in an ECCE setting.
- To understand the importance of effective communication with families, children and colleagues and effective teamwork in an ECCE setting.
- To familiarise the learner with the policies and practices relating to the Rights of the Child and promoting equality and diversity in an ECCE setting.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1770 Early Care and Education Practice, Level 5