Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
Mallow College, Wednesday, 18:30-21:30, from 02 October for 10 Weeks. €220* (€161.00 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Early Childhood Care and Education practice to enable the learner to work under direction with children, their families and colleagues within early childhood care and education setting (ECCE).
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 02 October 2019
Cost: €230.00, *€220.00 with online discount, €161.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €138.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- To familiarise the learner with the historical development of the ECCE sector in Ireland, the relevant legislation and policies pertaining to a quality ECCE environment.
- To understand the importance of self-awareness, personal reflection and reflective practice in relation to working in an ECCE setting.
- To understand the importance of effective communication with families, children and colleagues and effective teamwork in an ECCE setting.
- To familiarise the learner with the policies and practices relating to the Rights of the Child and promoting equality and diversity in an ECCE setting.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.