Mallow College of Further Education, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 29 January for 10 weeks. €230* (€168 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that each child’s learning, development and well-being is facilitated through the provision of opportunities, experiences, activities, interaction, materials and equipment, having regard to the age and stage of development of the child and the child’s cultural context.
Ann Daly has a BA in Montessori Education from St. Nicholas Montessori College of Ireland, a Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy from Play Therapy Ireland and NUIG, a Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills from Play Therapy Ireland and NUIG, and a Certificate in Lego Based Therapy from Cambridge University. Ann is owner/manager of Sunvalley Montessori School, a practicing play therapist, a member of Play Therapy Ireland, and a member of St. Nicholas Montessori Teacher Society.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.
Now enrolling for Mallow. Enrol online today.
NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 29 January 2020
Price: €240.00, *€230.00 with online discount, €168.00 for Social Welfare, €168.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €144.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students.
- Outline the types, stages patterns and purposes of children’s play.
- Describe a range of theories of play in the context of children’s education to include Psychoanalytic theories (Freud, Winnicott) and Constructivist theories (Piaget, Vygotsky).
- Evaluate the role of the adult in children’s play.
- Explore a child lead approach to meeting the play and educational requirements of children.
- Describe different approaches to curriculum development and implementation in the ECCE setting.
- Assess the value of equipment, materials, play spaces, both indoors and outdoor in the ECCE setting.
- Use a range of reading and storytelling techniques appropriate to different stages of children’s development and cultural background.
- Select relevant play activities and materials appropriate to children’s interest and stage of development and cultural background.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1773 Early Childhood Education and Play, Level 5