New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €385.00* / €280.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
Learn the techniques for grooming different dog breeds. Learn to properly use and handle grooming parlour tools. Understand dog anatomy. And learn to effectively handle dogs on the grooming table.
Learn in a dedicated dog grooming salon from an experience dog grooming professional with professional salon equipment. Work on your own dogs, friends’ dogs, and client dogs booked in via our online booking system for our Dog Grooming Service.
A dog grooming course is fun, practical and informative. Plus with this QQI level 5 qualification you have the option to start your own dog grooming career.
Róisín Fitzmaurice is an experienced dog grooming teacher and expert practitioner. Following on from a background in veterinary nursing and experience in veterinary clinics, Róisín moved to study QQI Dog Grooming Level 5 and Apprenticeship Dog Grooming Level 6, and has since established her own dog grooming services in both the Netherlands and Ireland.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Nights: Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 20 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 23 September 2019
Cost: €400.00, *€385.00 with online discount, €280.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €240.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Gain an understanding of the body language in small animals and exercise appropriate conduct within the grooming facility.
- Develop the knowledge in the ear care, nails, structure, function and appearance of the skin and coat, in order to be confident in the evaluation of common abnormalities.
- Collect information through examination, observation and obtaining information from the owner/guardian of the animal to assist in a grooming procedure.
- Demonstrate the skills in different grooming techniques. Have the understanding in the selection of suitable tools and products for different coat types, the appropriate handling of tools and the completion of procedures required for a variety of animals within a grooming facility.
- Deal appropriately with the animals, the public and equipment following the health and hygiene guidelines outlined within a grooming facility.
- The course runs 1 night a week for 20 weeks.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.