Learn the techniques for grooming different dog breeds. Learn to properly use and handle grooming parlour tools. Understand dog anatomy. And learn to effectively handle dogs on the grooming table.
Learn in a dedicated dog grooming salon from an experience dog grooming professional with professional salon equipment. Work on your own dogs, friends’ dogs, and client dogs booked in via our online booking system for our Dog Grooming Service.
A dog grooming course is fun, practical and informative. Plus with this QQI level 5 qualification you have the option to start your own dog grooming career.
Róisín Fitzmaurice is an experienced dog grooming teacher and expert practitioner. Following on from a background in veterinary nursing and experience in veterinary clinics, Róisín moved to study QQI Dog Grooming Level 5 and Apprenticeship Dog Grooming Level 6, and has since established her own dog grooming services in both the Netherlands and Ireland.
You can contact Róisín at email@example.com with any questions you have about the course.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.
Not running this term for Mallow. Sign up for future course notifications.
NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Nights: Monday or Tuesday
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 22 Weeks
Price: €420.00, *€410.00 with online discount, €294.00 for Social Welfare, €294.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €252.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students.
- Gain an understanding of the body language in small animals and exercise appropriate conduct within the grooming facility.
- Develop the knowledge in the ear care, nails, structure, function and appearance of the skin and coat, in order to be confident in the evaluation of common abnormalities.
- Collect information through examination, observation and obtaining information from the owner/guardian of the animal to assist in a grooming procedure.
- Demonstrate the skills in different grooming techniques. Have the understanding in the selection of suitable tools and products for different coat types, the appropriate handling of tools and the completion of procedures required for a variety of animals within a grooming facility.
- Deal appropriately with the animals, the public and equipment following the health and hygiene guidelines outlined within a grooming facility.
- The course runs 1 night a week for 22 weeks.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0752 Animal Grooming, Level 5