Now enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 28 September for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
Child Development QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate 6N1942
This module is designed to provide the learner with knowledge and understanding of child development from 0-12 years and the skills required to implement and promote the use of observations in the early childhood education and care setting. This module aims to promote good practice, equality and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 28 September 2021|
|Tutor||Sue Anne Falsey|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Accepting late applications from Tuesday, 14 September 2021.|
- Critically reflect on child development theories and their application on ECCE practice.
- Explore the effects of a range of genetic, social, cultural and environmental factors on the holistic development of the child.
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of behaviour management in support of the holistic development of the child.
- Select from a range of specialised skills to meet the needs of parents, children, colleagues and other stakeholders in an ECCE setting in the context of legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Organise a variety of detailed observations in support of programme planning for individual and groups of children using a range of tools.
- Evaluate personal and team practice in meeting child development needs in an ECCE setting.
- Identify personal learning goals and assist others in identifying learning and personal development goals.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1942 Child Development, Level 6
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 8pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.