Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 26 september for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Child Development QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N1764
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Monday, 26 September 2022|
Exam for this subject will take place on Saturday, 10 December at 11am onsite in Mallow Campus.
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online before Monday, 19 September 2022|
- Explain the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development.
- Describe a range of theories of child development and learning to include Piaget, Chomsky, Erikson, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Pavlov, Skinner.
- Describe the influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning.
- Identify the benefits of play to the child’s holistic development and learning mindful of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity.
- Describe the contribution of the practitioner/parent/guardian to the development and learning of children in the home and in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Apply theoretical principles of child development in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Document children’s developmental progress against normative milestones of development.
- Carry out observations in support of programme planning for individual children and groups.
- Recommend suitable play activities to promote holistic development and learning.
- Evaluate own role and practice in supporting the development and learning of the child.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1764 Child Development, Level 5
- Please note that this is the last semester in which we will be offering these courses online. In January 2022 we return to the classroom only.
- This award is being deactivated and only learners who complete by June 2023 will be certified under the new award. It is only available to learners who have already started one or more of the 5M2009 award modules.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).