Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 03 February for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
Early Childhood Curriculum QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate 6N1944
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to develop and implement a broad-based curriculum in an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) setting.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Thursday, 03 February 2022|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Thursday, 20 January 2022.|
- Critically reflect on the contributions of a range of early childhood educational theorists to pedagogical practice
- Assess a range of early childhood programme models and approaches and their implementation
- Evaluate the role of the adult in supporting children’s learning and development
- Select from a range of strategies to facilitate assessment for learning
- Promote learning contexts which support children’s well-being, identities and belonging consistent with relevant legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Lead curriculum implementation in a variety of situations both indoor and outdoor.
- Evaluate personal and professional learning and that of others linking curriculum theory to practice and assessment.
- Reflect on own attitudes, values and beliefs and their impact on the learning environment.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1944 Early Childhood Curriculum, Level 6
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).