Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 29 September for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to working with individuals with special educational needs while emphasising the importance of creative studies from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Wednesday, 29 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Wednesday, 15 September 2021.|
- Evaluate the benefits of creative arts to the individual child across all domains of development.
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of creative arts.
- Formulate programmes to introduce creative arts to individuals with special educational needs.
- Organise a comprehensive range of creative activities to aid the development of the individual with special educational needs.
- Assess intervention strategies appropriate to the individual’s needs.
- Manage meaningful activities that are suited to people’s needs and connect with their experiences and interests in the learning environment.
- Organise a variety of detailed observations of the individual with special educational needs to inform future practice.
- Evaluate own attitudes, values, beliefs and assumptions in relation to working with individuals with special educational needs through the medium of creative arts.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1972 Creative Studies for Special Needs, Level 6
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).