The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to working with individuals with special educational needs while emphasising the importance of creative studies from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.
- Evaluate the benefits of creative arts to the individual child across all domains of development.
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of creative arts.
- Formulate programmes to introduce creative arts to individuals with special educational needs.
- Organise a comprehensive range of creative activities to aid the development of the individual with special educational needs
- Assess intervention strategies appropriate to the
- Manage meaningful activities that are suited to people’s needs and connect with their experiences and interests in the learning environment.
- Organise a variety of detailed observations of the individual with special educational needs to inform future practice.
- Evaluate own attitudes, values , beliefs and assumptions in relation to working with individuals with special educational needs through the medium of creative arts.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1972 Creative Studies for Special Needs, Level 6