The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to working with individuals with special educational needs while emphasising the importance of creative studies from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
- Evaluate the benefits of creative arts to the individual child across all domains of development.
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of creative arts.
- Formulate programmes to introduce creative arts to individuals with special educational needs.
- Organise a comprehensive range of creative activities to aid the development of the individual with special educational needs
- Assess intervention strategies appropriate to theindividual’s needs.
- Manage meaningful activities that are suited to people’s needs and connect with their experiences and interests in the learning environment.
- Organise a variety of detailed observations of the individual with special educational needs to inform future practice.
- Evaluate own attitudes, values , beliefs and assumptions in relation to working with individuals with special educational needs through the medium of creative arts.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.