This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
Mallow College, Monday, 18:30-21:30, from 30 September for 10 Weeks. €220* (€161.00 conc.)
The purpose of the award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in facilitating a child’s learning, development and well-being through the provision of creative opportunities; to enable the learner to devise experiences, activities, interaction and materials with regard to the age and stage of development of the child utilising varied media, art and craft, drama, music and any other creative endeavours.
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 30 September 2019
Cost: €230.00, *€220.00 with online discount, €161.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €138.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Examine a variety of creative media opportunities with young children.
- Summarise the benefits of exploration and participation in creative arts for the child.
- Explore the role of the adult in creating an environment in which children feel secure and confident enough to take risks and explore new situations.
- Plan opportunities for consultation with children to plan and engage in creative arts experiences.
- Test open ended materials and natural items for creative arts in both the indoor and outdoor environments appropriate to different stages of children’s development.
- Explore challenges for adults in respecting choices and decisions of children.
- Employ developmentally appropriate creative arts activities which promote the holistic development of the child.
- Reflect on own role and responsibilities when engaging in creative arts activities with children mindful of health and safety.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.