Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 27 January for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The purpose of the award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in facilitating a child’s learning, development and well-being through the provision of creative opportunities; to enable the learner to devise experiences, activities, interaction and materials with regard to the age and stage of development of the child utilising varied media, art and craft, drama, music and any other creative endeavours.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Price: €175.00, *€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 06 January 2021.
- Examine a variety of creative media opportunities with young children.
- Summarise the benefits of exploration and participation in creative arts for the child.
- Explore the role of the adult in creating an environment in which children feel secure and confident enough to take risks and explore new situations.
- Plan opportunities for consultation with children to plan and engage in creative arts experiences.
- Test open ended materials and natural items for creative arts in both the indoor and outdoor environments appropriate to different stages of children’s development.
- Explore challenges for adults in respecting choices and decisions of children.
- Employ developmentally appropriate creative arts activities which promote the holistic development of the child.
- Reflect on own role and responsibilities when engaging in creative arts activities with children mindful of health and safety.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1769 Creative Arts for Early Childhood, Level 5