Related: NightSchool.ie is now in Mallow and Charleville. Summer Courses at SummerSchool.ie Agri-Marketing Payroll Computerised & PAYE Modernisation (Sage & Thesaurus): QQI Level 5 Reception Skills & Frontline Office Skills: QQI Level 5
Now enrolling for Summer 2019 in Mallow.
From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of the award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in facilitating child’s learning, development and well-being through the provision of creative opportunities; to enable the learner to devise experiences, activities, interaction and materials with regard to the age and stage of development of the child utilising varied media, art and craft, drama, music and any other creative endeavours.
Now enrolling for Summer 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 29 April 2019
Cost: €220.00, *€205.00 with online discount, €154.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €132.00 for Mallow College day students.
- Examine a variety of creative media opportunities with young children.
- Summarise the benefits of exploration and participation in creative arts for the child.
- Explore the role of the adult in creating an environment in which children feel secure and confident enough to take risks and explore new situations.
- Plan opportunities for consultation with children to plan and engage in creative arts experiences.
- Test open ended materials and natural items for creative arts in both the indoor and outdoor environments appropriate to different stages of children’s development.
- Explore challenges for adults in respecting choices and decisions of children.
- Employ developmentally appropriate creative arts activities which promote the holistic development of the child.
- Reflect on own role and responsibilities when engaging in creative arts activities with children mindful of health and safety.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.