New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Now enrolling for Summer 2019 in Mallow.
From €125.00* / €98.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
Overcome the fear factor associated with technology. Suitable for individuals of all ages with limited or no previous experience of computers. At the end of this programme you will have the confidence and knowledge to complete everyday online tasks such as booking holidays and public transport, using email, online shopping, keeping up with current affairs online, and many more practical tasks.
Caroline O’Connell has a BA in Education, Business & Accounting. She has trained in latest methodologies and techniques in technology enhanced learning, with in-depth specialities in business and accounting. Caroline brings to teaching the practical knowledge and skills from a diverse experience working in industry financial teams; as well as preparing accounts for sole traders and farmers. Caroline has worked with a variety of groups on developing IT skills: from secondary school students, self-employed farmers, employees wishing to upskill, and complete beginners. Caroline’s own approach is to actively tailor each course to the specific needs of the group – surveying students on night one to design the road map for the rest of the course. http://linkedin.com/in/caroline-o-connell-aa1404116
Now enrolling for Summer 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 19:00 to 21:00
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 29 April 2019
Cost: €140.00, *€125.00 with online discount, €98.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €84.00 for Mallow College day students.
- An introduction to the parts of a computer system and common software applications.
- Internet safety.
- Send & receive emails.
- Working with email attachments.
- Using Microsoft Word to write letters – to print or email.
- Using online government services such as Department of Agriculture, Motor Tax, etc.
- Using online banking services.
- How to use apps such as weather, traffic, news, Google maps, route planners etc.
- How to use social media, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Skype phone and video calls.
- Online Shopping.
- Cork ETB & NightSchool.ie http://cork.etb.ie/, phone 022 43030.
- See full Terms & Conditions.
- More enrolment options.