Now enrolling in Mallow.
Mallow College of Further Education, 18:30-20:30, from 27 January for 10 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
Overcome the fear factor associated with technology. Suitable for individuals of all ages with limited or no previous experience of computers. At the end of this programme you will have the confidence and knowledge to complete everyday online tasks such as booking holidays and public transport, using email, online shopping, keeping up with current affairs online, and many more practical tasks.
Caroline O’Connell has a BA in Education, Business & Accounting. She has trained in latest methodologies and techniques in technology enhanced learning, with in-depth specialities in business and accounting. Caroline brings to teaching the practical knowledge and skills from a diverse experience working in industry financial teams; as well as preparing accounts for sole traders and farmers. Caroline has worked with a variety of groups on developing IT skills: from secondary school students, self-employed farmers, employees wishing to upskill, and complete beginners. Caroline’s own approach is to actively tailor each course to the specific needs of the group – surveying students on night one to design the road map for the rest of the course. http://linkedin.com/in/caroline-o-connell-aa1404116
Now enrolling for Mallow. Enrol online today.
NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 20:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 27 January 2020
Cost: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, 30% off for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and recently graduated Mallow College day students.
Registration Week, Monday January 13 to Wednesday January 15, 19:00 to 20:00 at NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education. Check your options and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- An introduction to the parts of a computer system and common software applications.
- Internet safety.
- Send & receive emails.
- Working with email attachments.
- Using Microsoft Word to write letters – to print or email.
- Using online government services such as Department of Agriculture, Motor Tax, etc.
- Using online banking services.
- How to use apps such as weather, traffic, news, Google maps, route planners etc.
- How to use social media, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Skype phone and video calls.
- Online Shopping.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- The course cost includes ECDL examination and certification fees.