This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to develop and implement a broad based curriculum in an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) setting.
- Critically reflect on the contributions of a range of early childhood educational theorists to pedagogical practice
- Assess a range of early childhood programme models and approaches and their implementation
- Evaluate the role of the adult in supporting children’s learning and development
- Select from a range of strategies to facilitate assessment for learning
- Promote learning contexts which support children’s well-being, identities and belonging consistent with relevant legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Lead curriculum implementation in a variety of situations both indoor and outdoor.
- Evaluate personal and professional learning and that of others linking curriculum theory to practice and assessment.
- Reflect on own attitudes, values and beliefs and their impact on the learning environment.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.