Online, 09:00-12:00, from Saturday 24 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 09:00 to 12:00
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Saturday, 24 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Nights: Facebook Live Events every Friday at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.
Enrolment: Early Deadline: Enrol online here before Saturday, 03 April 2021.
- Explain the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development.
- Describe a range of theories of child development and learning to include Piaget, Chomsky, Erikson, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Pavlov, Skinner.
- Describe the influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning.
- Identify the benefits of play to the child’s holistic development and learning mindful of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity.
- Describe the contribution of the practitioner/parent/guardian to the development and learning of children in the home and in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Apply theoretical principles of child development in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Document children’s developmental progress against normative milestones of development.
- Carry out observations in support of programme planning for individual children and groups.
- Recommend suitable play activities to promote holistic development and learning.
- Evaluate own role and practice in supporting the development and learning of the child.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1764 Child Development, Level 5