This Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education is skills based programme designed for those who are in a supervisory role in an Early Years setting. It builds on and expands the QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare to provide the learner with a comprehensive understanding of childcare and education in Ireland today.
It is made up of 8 components and each carries a value of 15 credits, giving a total of 120 credits for the full award.For modules running next term please refer to the individual component awards listed below or head to nightschool.ie/tag/6m2007.
- Mandatory (All 5 need to be completed)
- 6N1975 Disability Awareness
- 6N1932 Early Learning Philosophy
- 6N1933 Early Learning Environment
- 6N1957 Special Needs Assisting
- 6N1972 Creative Studies for Special Needs
- 6N1973 Supervision in Early Childhood Care
- 6N2023 Child Psychology
- Maximum 1 vocationally relevant Level 6/5:
For the official specification of required awards refer to the qualification details for QQI 6M2007 Early Childhood Care and Education, Level 6.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6M2007 Early Childhood Care and Education, Level 6
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.