This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings.
It is made up of 8 components and each component carries a value of 15 credits, giving a total of 120 credits for the full award. Three components will be offered each term; 8 components must be completed to achieve a full award.
In order to achieve this award, it is essential to undertake 120 hours of work experience. Prior to beginning work experience all learners must have completed Garda vetting through Mallow College.
For modules running next term please refer to the individual component awards listed below or head to nightschool.ie/tag/5m2009.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5M2009 Early Childhood Care and Education, Level 5
- Mandatory (All 6 need to completed)
- Electives (2 need to be completed)
For the official specification of required awards refer to the qualification details for QQI 5M2009 Early Childhood Care and Education, Level 5.