New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €225.00* / €168.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide for the health and well-being of children and maintain healthy, hygienic and safe practices and environments in a range of early childhood care and education settings.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 23 September 2019
Cost: €240.00, *€225.00 with online discount, €168.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €144.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an early childhood care and education setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection.
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children.
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children.
- Identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children.
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses.
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including the care of the child when unwell.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines.
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children
- Apply knowledge of child development to support children to form secure and positive relationships with adults and children in the early childhood care and education setting.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.