Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 26 January for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide for the health and well-being of children and maintain healthy, hygienic and safe practices and environments in a range of early childhood care and education settings.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Price: €175.00, *€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Tuesday, 05 January 2021.
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an early childhood care and education setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection.
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children.
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children.
- Identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children.
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses.
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including the care of the child when unwell.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines.
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children
- Apply knowledge of child development to support children to form secure and positive relationships with adults and children in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1765 Child Health and Well Being, Level 5