Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 29 September for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide for the health and well-being of children and maintain healthy, hygienic and safe practices and environments in a range of early childhood care and education settings.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?
Scheduled socially-distanced assessments at Mallow College of Further Education, Fermoy FET Centre, or Charleville FET Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 29 September 2020
Price: €175.00, *€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Enrol online here before Tuesday, 15 September 2020.
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an early childhood care and education setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection.
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children.
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children.
- Identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children.
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses.
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including the care of the child when unwell.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines.
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children
- Apply knowledge of child development to support children to form secure and positive relationships with adults and children in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1765 Child Health and Well Being, Level 5