This module is designed to provide the learner with knowledge and understanding of child development from 0-12 years and the skills required to implement and promote the use of observations in the early childhood education and care setting. This module aims to promote good practice, equality and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Running now in Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Onsite: Scheduled onsite exam(s) at Mallow College.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 28 September 2020
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1942 Child Development, Level 6