Remote Learning, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 25 September for 10 weeks. €175* (€122 conc.)
Care Support QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N0758
This programme module aims to provide a learner with the personal knowledge, skills and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture in care work.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Monday, 25 September 2023|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol Online before Monday, 23 January 2023|
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker.
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care.
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client.
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth.
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses.
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0758 Care Support, Level 5
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Ideally, be working, or have experience of working in a healthcare environment.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).