Now enrolling for Saturdays.
Live Online, 09:00-13:00, from Saturday 02 October for 10 weeks. €300* (€217 conc.)
Managing People & Supervisory Management QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificates
These awards equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to develop standards, measure performance, motivate and empower staff while working independently in a supervisory capacity in a range of industry sectors.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||09:00 to 13:00|
|Starting||Saturday, 02 October 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€300.00 with online discount, €217.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €217.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €186.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Saturday, 18 September 2021.|
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment.
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee.
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles.
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session.
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.
Managing People: QQI Level 6
- Evaluate the professional role and function of leadership in the context of a management role to include the importance of maintaining professionalism, supervisory management styles and reflective practice using a self-evaluation audit.
- Appraise the impact of different styles of leadership, motivational theory and its impact on staff and the importance of good working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Research the main provisions of Legislation, such as Employment Legislation, Health Acts and European Union Directives.
- Examine the impact that culture, attitudes and values have on work practice such as, diversity issues, client confidentiality policies, patient charter and rights.
- Support the diversity of the social, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage underperformance and deviation from agreed standards in a manner that achieves an agreed positive outcome.
- Perform effectively and fairly as a team member in a supervisory management role, recognising the importance of being a positive role model.
- Utilise networks and agencies in a proactive way to achieve tasks and solve problems within a multidisciplinary framework.
- Address skills and motivation deficits amongst staff through strategies such as, skills audits, clear attainable goal setting, support for continuous professional development, team building exercises and enhancement of individuals self esteem.
- Organise a partnership approach to engagement with stakeholders such as professionals, networks and agencies that support the supervisory role and with trade union officials to enable the timely and constructive resolution of problems.
- Utilise a range of appropriate communications styles and methods to provide management to staff and staff to management feedback in a culture that promotes engagement.
- Lead through effective delegation and acting as a conduit from staff to the upper management levels.
Supervisory Management: QQI Level 6
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.