Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 21 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the administration requirements of a range of organisations to enable the learner to operate effectively under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Nights: Facebook Live Events every Friday at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.
Enrolment: Early Deadline: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 31 March 2021.
- Identify features of different types of business organisations.
- Explain a range of organisational structures, to include, hierarchical and flat structures.
- Explore the different types of departments within an organisation, the cooperation between internal departments and the impact of the external environment on the business organisation.
- Analyse the impact of the external environment on a business.
- Identify the main functions of management and the role and impact of Human Resource management in an organisation. Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation as it pertains to the staff selection and appointment.
- Explain the need for quality, the role of quality systems, the various techniques and processes which are used to ensure quality in different types of organisations, to include manufacturing and service focused organisations, and quality accreditations available.
- Explore sources of finance for a business, distinguishing between long, medium and short term finance and the need for and types of financial controls, to include cash flow.
- Examine different types of meetings held within an organisation, the function and role the meetings and the associate documentation.
- Examine the insurance requirements of a business organisation, identifying appropriate insurance for different types of risk.
- Implement and adhere to an organisation’s systems and procedures, to include, quality management and or control systems, financial controls, employee procedures and health and safety.
- Complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of meetings within an organisation, to include agendas, meeting notes and minutes.
- Maintain a range of documents pertaining to human resources management and employees within an organisation, to include, employment contracts, attendance records and personnel files.
- Process a range of business documentation to ensure effective implementation of an organisation’s financial and or quality systems and procedures.
- Use a range of hardware and software to provide administrative support.
- Carry out a range of administrative functions to support the effective implementation of organisational management systems and procedures.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1610 Business Administration Skills, Level 5