Classes Full for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles and practice of manual and computerised Bookkeeping to enable learners to complete bookkeeping accounts and reports in a range of vocational environments.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Learners will have ideally completed a level 5 award in the subject area, or equivalent.
- A Windows PC or laptop is a requirement for running Sage software.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Classes full for this term.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- Appraise a bank current account statement to include the reconciliation of any differences between the statement and own records.
- Extract specific information from a range of reports including debt control from aged debtors and aged creditors reports.
- Assess key performance indicators to include net profit, cost margins, cash flow, debt control and performance based on actual versus budgeted figures.
- Set up a range of variables on a computerised bookkeeping system to include customers, suppliers, products, nominal recurring transactions, bank transactions, budget figures and VAT using appropriate rates including resale and non- resale rates.
- Post nominal recurring transactions and bank transactions on a computerised bookkeeping system and opening balances and foreign currency transactions in appropriate books and accounts.
- Correct a range of errors not revealed by the Trial Balance, to include errors of principle, errors of prime entry, errors of omission, errors of commission, compensating errors and complete reversal of entries.
- Amend a source document entry, where appropriate, in the relevant ledger using the computerised system and a receipt payment, which has been reconciled previously in error.
- Revise customer or supplier contact details, nominal ledger account details, product price lists and own records with data extracted from a bank statement.
- Complete a bank reconciliation and a reconciliation of sales and purchases ledgers to the control accounts.
- Create a provision for accruals and prepayments.
- Issue monthly statements from the sales ledger.
- Extract data from relevant source documents in order to complete appropriate books of prime entry, using manual and computerised bookkeeping systems to include purchases, sales, receipts, payments and petty cash books.
- Complete accounts receivable, accounts payable and nominal ledger accounts to include end-of-period tasks.
- Produce a set of final accounts to include Trading, Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet on a computerised bookkeeping system.
- Complete a VAT return form for submission to the Revenue Commissioners.
- Produce a range of reports from ledgers and other sources to include VAT and departmental analysis.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4865 Bookkeeping – Manual and Computerised, Level 6