Now enrolling for Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 30 September for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised QQI Level 5 Certificate
This programme is suitable for individuals with little or no experience of manual bookkeeping and who wish to develop their knowledge and skills to record transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping environment, especially within a small business.
- Preparing: sales/purchase/bank lodgements/bank payments/petty cash books & VAT forms.
- Company: create and register.
- Setting up: VAT rates/bank accounts/ ledgers; customer/supplier accounts; product details.
- Enter Documents: sales/purchase/bank lodgements/bank payments/petty cash/ invoices.
- Each learner will prepare books and account both manually and using Sage Accounts software.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Thursday, 30 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Thursday, 16 September 2021.|
- Explain the key terminology associated with the recording and maintenance of bookkeeping records, using manual and computerised systems.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for record keeping purposes.
- Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from the information contained in a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records, petty cash vouchers.
- Post the information from the daybooks to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers.
- Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period.
- Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement from data supplied.
- Prepare the end-of-period VAT Return in accordance with the requirements of the Revenue Commissioners.
- Process all tasks as per the manual ones using an accounts package, comparing manual and computerised results.
- Analyse tasks completed making appropriate corrections to any errors and editing of data as directed.
- Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1354 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- A Windows PC or laptop is a requirement for running Sage software.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Caroline O’Connell has a BA in Education, Business & Accounting. She has trained in latest methodologies and techniques in technology enhanced learning, with in-depth specialities in business and accounting. Caroline brings to teaching the practical knowledge and skills from a diverse experience working in industry financial teams; as well as preparing accounts for sole traders and farmers. Caroline has worked with a variety of groups on developing IT skills: from secondary school students, self-employed farmers, employees wishing to upskill, and complete beginners. Caroline’s own approach is to actively tailor each course to the specific needs of the group – surveying students on night one to design the road map for the rest of the course. http://linkedin.com/in/caroline-o-connell-aa1404116
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.