Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 29 September for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
This programme is suitable for individuals with little or no experience of manual bookkeeping and who wish to develop their knowledge and skills to record transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping environment, especially within a small business.
Caroline O’Connell has a BA in Education, Business & Accounting. She has trained in latest methodologies and techniques in technology enhanced learning, with in-depth specialities in business and accounting. Caroline brings to teaching the practical knowledge and skills from a diverse experience working in industry financial teams; as well as preparing accounts for sole traders and farmers. Caroline has worked with a variety of groups on developing IT skills: from secondary school students, self-employed farmers, employees wishing to upskill, and complete beginners. Caroline’s own approach is to actively tailor each course to the specific needs of the group – surveying students on night one to design the road map for the rest of the course. http://linkedin.com/in/caroline-o-connell-aa1404116
Catherine McCarthy is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Tax Adviser from CPA and Griffith College, holds a Certificate in Business Studies from Cork Institute of Technology, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland. Catherine has over twenty years experience working in an accounting practice: completing accounts, tax returns, vat returns and payroll for sole traders, partnerships, companies and companies limited by guarantee; and is an expert tutor in accounting and taxation. https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherine-mccarthy-cpa-ctax-fiati-b32118125/
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?
Scheduled socially-distanced assessments at Mallow College of Further Education, Fermoy FET Centre, or Charleville FET Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 29 September 2020
Price: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Enrol online here before Tuesday, 15 September 2020.
- Preparing: sales/purchase/bank lodgements/bank payments/petty cash books & VAT forms.
- Company: create and register.
- Setting up: VAT rates/bank accounts/ ledgers; customer/supplier accounts; product details.
- Enter Documents: sales/purchase/bank lodgements/bank payments/petty cash/ invoices.
- Each learner will prepare books and account both manually and using Sage Accounts software.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1354 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised, Level 5