Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 27 January for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
This programme is suitable for individuals with little or no experience of manual bookkeeping and who wish to develop their knowledge and skills to record transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping environment, especially within a small business.
Caroline O’Connell has a BA in Education, Business & Accounting. She has trained in latest methodologies and techniques in technology enhanced learning, with in-depth specialities in business and accounting. Caroline brings to teaching the practical knowledge and skills from a diverse experience working in industry financial teams; as well as preparing accounts for sole traders and farmers. Caroline has worked with a variety of groups on developing IT skills: from secondary school students, self-employed farmers, employees wishing to upskill, and complete beginners. Caroline’s own approach is to actively tailor each course to the specific needs of the group – surveying students on night one to design the road map for the rest of the course. http://linkedin.com/in/caroline-o-connell-aa1404116
Catherine McCarthy is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Tax Adviser from CPA and Griffith College, holds a Certificate in Business Studies from Cork Institute of Technology, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland. Catherine has over twenty years experience working in an accounting practice: completing accounts, tax returns, vat returns and payroll for sole traders, partnerships, companies and companies limited by guarantee; and is an expert tutor in accounting and taxation. https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherine-mccarthy-cpa-ctax-fiati-b32118125/
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Price: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 13 January 2021.
- Preparing: sales/purchase/bank lodgements/bank payments/petty cash books & VAT forms.
- Company: create and register.
- Setting up: VAT rates/bank accounts/ ledgers; customer/supplier accounts; product details.
- Enter Documents: sales/purchase/bank lodgements/bank payments/petty cash/ invoices.
- Each learner will prepare books and account both manually and using Sage Accounts software.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1354 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised, Level 5