Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €800.00* / €567.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. This final year of a two-year study programme is designed to prepare learners for employment in accounting departments of commercial, industrial or public sector organisations or in the offices of practicing accountants. It provides a valuable qualification in accounting and… >>
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work autonomously and independently in carrying out figure analysis and body massage treatments.
- Examine the reasons for and methods of consultation, figure diagnosis and analysis.
- Explain the relevance of medical history, medications taken and lifestyle, to body massage treatments.
- Identify indications, contra-indications and contraactions to treatments.
- Explain the importance of referral procedures.
- Describe postural defects and describe the different body types.
- Explain the concept of body massage and the principles underpinning good massage practice.
- Explore the history and development of massage techniques to include Swedish body massage.
- Differentiate between the uses and effects of the five classical massage movements.
- Outline the physiological and psychological benefits and effects of massage treatments on the body systems.
- Identify the position and action of the main muscle groups of the body.
- Explore the effects, benefits and uses of pre-heat treatments.
- Carry out a consultation to identify suitable massage treatments.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.