Related: Train the Trainer, Training and Development: QQI Level 6 Palliative Care Support: QQI Level 5 After School Support: QQI Level 5 Care Support: QQI Level 5 5M4339 Health Care Support: QQI Level 5 Certificate
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work autonomously and independently in carrying out figure analysis and body massage treatments.
- Examine the reasons for and methods of consultation, figure diagnosis and analysis.
- Explain the relevance of medical history, medications taken and lifestyle, to body massage treatments.
- Identify indications, contra-indications and contraactions to treatments.
- Explain the importance of referral procedures.
- Describe postural defects and describe the different body types.
- Explain the concept of body massage and the principles underpinning good massage practice.
- Explore the history and development of massage techniques to include Swedish body massage.
- Differentiate between the uses and effects of the five classical massage movements.
- Outline the physiological and psychological benefits and effects of massage treatments on the body systems.
- Identify the position and action of the main muscle groups of the body.
- Explore the effects, benefits and uses of pre-heat treatments.
- Carry out a consultation to identify suitable massage treatments.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.