Early Deadline: Enrolling for Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 22 April for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence, in the models and types of disabilities and the legal and social structures and services in place to accommodate disabilities at national and community level and in the workplace.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 22 April 2021
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To introduce the learner to the definitions, classifications and models of disability.
- To enable the learner to identify types of disability.
- To explore the impact of disability on the individual and their families.
- To have an awareness of the legislation and provision of resources available ensuring best practice.
- To become a reflective practitioner.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1975 Disability Awareness, Level 6