New for Spring 2019. €205.00* (€154.00 Social Welfare/OAP). This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain payroll records manually and on computer in a small to medium sized organisation. Location: Charleville Further Education & Training Centre (formerly Mannix College) See Also: Mallow College of Further Education… >>
Enroling next for Autumn 2019.
€585.00* (€420.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Body Massage is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide body massage. This qualification combines the full range of skills and knowledge for the learner seeking employment or self-employment as a massage therapist at Level 3. This qualification focuses on classical massage which enables the Learner to become specialised in massage therapy ready for employment in Industry.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 20 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 25 September 2019
Cost: €585.00 *incl. online discount, €420.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €360.00 for Mallow College day students.
ITEC exam fee is included in course fee.
- Body massage – to include consultation, identifying skin types, general body types, different types of fat and common postural faults and contraindications, selecting suitable massage mediums for the client’s skin type, classical massage movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety in the salon. You will also develop knowledge about client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the massage treatmentsoutlined above effectively, in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect whether a client should or should not receive treatment.
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage treatment setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving.
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a massage therapist.
The main skills you will perform are:
Receive a €15 discount when you register with our preferred option online (more enrolment options). Enrolment is currently closed until Summer 2019. Course details continue to be subject to change. Click here to sign up for course notifications..
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2019 will take place at on Monday 9th September, 2019 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.