New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €255.00* / €189.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to perform audio transcription tasks, using a range of input devices, to produce documents to mailable standard.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 25 September 2019
Cost: €270.00, *€255.00 with online discount, €189.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €162.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- To enable the learner, operate an audio transcription unit effectively and efficiently.
- To assist the learner, transcribe matters of a business, medical, legal and/or general nature from recorded speech, with accuracy and fluency.
- To enable the learner, demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in responding to audio transcription tasks.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Audio Transcription through the medium of the indicative content.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.