New Course. Early Deadline: Enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The aim of this award to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently or in a supervisory capacity in an administrative role in the private, public or voluntary sector or to progress to higher education or training.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- Assess the relationships between administrations practices and organisations policies, objectives and culture.
- Evaluate the role of administration in major organisational functions.
- Appraise current legislation and good practice guidelines on areas relevant to administration to include health and safety, data protection , corporate governance, employment and equality.
- Research issues relevant to administration to include security , facility management and environmental issues, confidentiality and Freedom of Information requests.
- Utilise verbal, written and presentation communication skills to provide a range of administrative support service such as data and workflow management.
- Organise meetings and events to include the production of related documentation.
- Manage a range of systems to maintain appointment , diary , messaging and mail processing , using information technology applications where relevant.
- Devise procedures for the procurement and issuing of business resources and supplies.
- Organise business travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Utilise a range of office equipment and information technology applications to perform administrative tasks.
- Deliver administrative services through developing working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritise tasks in the performance of administrative services.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4169 Administration Practice, Level 6