Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €800.00* / €567.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. This final year of a two-year study programme is designed to prepare learners for employment in accounting departments of commercial, industrial or public sector organisations or in the offices of practicing accountants. It provides a valuable qualification in accounting and… >>
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to understand how information is processed within organisations and the various systems and methods in use and to enable the learner to operate effectively, under supervision in a range of organisations.
- Explain the features of a range of organisations to include the functions of internal departments, the roles and duties of a range of personnel and the impact of workplace legislation on an organisation.
- Describe the administration functions of an office to include the equipment and resources available to carry out these functions.
- Describe an effective diary management system.
- Outline the roles and functions of a range of personnel in the planning and conduct of a range of business meetings.
- Create a manual or computerised database filing system.
- Carry out a range of administration functions to include the use of office equipment, document collation and proofing and payment validation.
- Carry out diary management to include meeting notices and minutes and the preparation of business trip itineraries.
- Apply procedures to prevent unauthorised access to files and records.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.