Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 27 September for 12 weeks. €250*
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in psychological concepts, theory and practice relevant to the development of the Child.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 27 September 2022|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online before Monday, 19 September 2022|
- Research theories of development change and continuity in infancy, childhood and adolescence
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on the psychological development of the child
- Appraise different theoretical models of child and adolescent development
- Assess the importance of transitions in influencing a sense of self
- Analyse different scientific methods and their application in relation to child behaviour and child development
- Critically evaluate how the role of social, biological, cultural and historical perspectives affect the development of children and adolescent
- Assessment General Information Explore the development of gender consciousness and its impact on self-identity people in children and young people
- Use empirical research in acquiring knowledge, informing best practice and constructing scientific knowledge in a specific child development, education and or care context
- Analyse the implications of own attitudes, values, beliefs and assumptions in relation to issues of relevant policies and best practice
- Identify personal learning goals and assist others in identifying learning and personal development goals.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).