Now enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 28 September for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Children with Additional Needs QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N2396
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to work efficiently and effectively, under direction with young children with additional needs. It aims to provide the learner with the knowledge and understanding of the context of special needs, associated issues and approaches used.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 28 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Accepting late applications from Tuesday, 14 September 2021.|
- Explore the history of special needs in Ireland.
- Examine the Legislation and Policy development relating to children with additional needs.
- Outline a range of special needs, conditions and impairments relating to children.
- Discuss a range of roles, responsibilities and support services available to children with additional needs.
- Use a range of approaches in interactions with children with Special Needs.
- Apply good practice with children with additional needs.
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities mindful of the safety, welfare and well-being of all children.
- Learn to take responsibility for own learning within a multidisciplinary team, evaluating processes which lead to co-operation and effective communication within the team.
- Evaluate own practice to inform understanding in relation to children with special needs, leading to an awareness of social, ethical and legal issues in relation to education and care.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N2396 Children with Additional Needs, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 8pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.