Now enrolling for Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 28 September for 26 weeks. €640* (€455 conc.)
Accounting Technicians Ireland Certified
This is the first year of a two-year study programme is designed to prepare learners for employment in accounting departments of commercial, industrial or public sector organisations or in the offices of practising accountants. It provides a valuable qualification in accounting and information skills and membership of Accounting Technician Ireland (ATI), a professional body sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
The course includes live classes and support, all course notes, class recordings for revision, and exercises on Moodle, Google Workspace apps, free Microsoft Office.com apps, including Microsoft Excel, as well as the Accounting Technicians Ireland resources online.
The Accounting Technician programme is ideal preparation for the pursuit of a career in professional accountancy.
- Monday: Law & Ethics, Business Management.
- Tuesday: Financial Accounting, Taxation.
- Examinations – Summer or Autumn sitting.
Classes Full for September 2021
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Applicants must hold the Leaving Certificate with a minimum of a Grade D (Ordinary) in at least FIVE subjects including English and Maths or Accounting OR a minimum of Grade D in FOUR Leaving Certificate subjects with at least TWO of these attained at Higher Level.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Mature Learners (over 21) may be exempt from Leaving Certificate requirements.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include the cost of revision seminars held outside of regular class times. Separate registration and examination fees (€500 based on 4 modules for 2020/21) and fees for manuals are due to be paid to ATI. Please check their website accountingtechniciansireland.ie for details.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Catherine McCarthy is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Tax Adviser from CPA and Griffith College, holds a Certificate in Business Studies from Cork Institute of Technology, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland. Catherine has over twenty years experience working in an accounting practice: completing accounts, tax returns, vat returns and payroll for sole traders, partnerships, companies and companies limited by guarantee; and is an expert tutor in accounting and taxation. https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherine-mccarthy-cpa-ctax-fiati-b32118125/
- Accounting Technicians Ireland http://www.accountingtechniciansireland.ie, phone 01 6377363.
- See full Terms & Conditions.
Facebook Live Fridays at 8pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.